Held in Mondello, Sicily, on September 16-19, 2019 – Funded and organised by the QCALL network
The Early-Stage Researchers Conference (ESRC) is a four-day conference on quantum communications, aimed at Master and PhD students as well as early post-doctoral researchers.
The conference will feature five well-known invited speakers, introducing each of the main topics of the conference, and possibly an industry session will be organised. There will also be time for around 30 talks by other participants as well as a poster session. The topics covered by the conference will be:
- Entanglement-based Quantum Communications
- Security of QKD
- Satellite QKD
- MDI-QKD and TF-QKD
- Component technology (Chip-based QKD, detectors, QRNG, etc.)
- Jake Kennard (KETS)
- Daniel Oi (University of Strathclyde)
- Li Qian (University of Toronto)
- Wolfgang Tittel (QuTech)
- Charles Lim Ci Wen (CQT Singapore)
- Ryan Parker (BT)
- Helmut Griesser (ADVA)
- John Prisco (Quantum XChange)
- TBC (Toshiba Research Europe Ltd)
- TBC (ID Quantique SA)
Alongside the conference, a film festival with clips submitted by high-school students will also take place during the event.
The conference will be held in Mondello, Sicily, close to Palermo and only a 20-minute drive from the Punta Raisi International Airport. The town offers lots of beautiful sceneries and a nice seaside, which in September is still warm enough to enjoy. The venue will be the renowned Addaura Hotel.
The deadline for submission is the 16th of June 2019. Deadline was extended to the 30th of June.
Please note: Poster applications sent after the deadline may be considered within reasonable limits. Please contact the organisers.
- A decision will be notified at the email you provide on or before the 17th of July 2019.
- Deadline for registration is the 31st of July 2019.
All deadlines are 23:59 UTC.
The conference program can be found here.
For any enquirers, please contact the organising committee at: email@example.com
- Innocenzo De Marco, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd.
- Mirko Pittaluga, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd.
- Andrew Shields, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd.
- Mohsen Razavi, University of Leeds
- Zhiliang Yuan, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. (Chair)
- Eleni Diamanti, Sorbonne University
- Mikael Afzelius, University of Geneva
- Yumang Jing, University of Leeds
- Margarida Pereira, University of Vigo
- Davide Rusca, University of Geneva