Outreach and public engagement will be an important part of QCALL. Each ESR will be involved in several outreach activities during their PhD.
Recent outreach activities:
Local Public-Science Events: QCALL ESRs are expected to contribute to
- Leeds and Cambridge Annual Science Festivals
- Physiscope (http://www.physiscope.ch/)
- Fête de la Science (http://www.fetedelascience.fr/),
- Dusseldorf’s “House of the University”
- Galicia’s week of science; and
- Padova’s “Night of Research”
QCALL Science Film Contest: QCALL will organise a Science Film Festival with participants from secondary schools in and around partners’ cities of residence. More detail will be published in due time.
QCALL Open Day: In conjunction with our Final Network Symposium, QCALL will arrange an Open Day, where members of the public will be invited to public lectures, given by lead scientists in the field, demonstrations, and laboratory tours based on the QCALL’s research and industrial partners. More detail will be coming in due time.